Saturday, October 23, 2010

Check out Zunaira's blog: I Need a Leg



Have a sarcoma story you'd like to share? Leave a comment with the story or a URL of your blog.
Here's one that came to us yesterday. Please visit Zunaira's blog HERE.
*** *** ***
In early March 2010, Zunaira found out that she had an aggressive form of cancer in the connective tissue of her left thigh; it’s called Sarcoma.   Her insurance company, Aetna Insurance, is covering 80% of the medical treatments, and her share is already upwards of $15,000.   The company actually tried to drop her from coverage but was unsuccessful because there was no documentation of a pre-existing condition.
Zunaira valiantly fought off the cancer and had her leg amputated.

2 comments:

Dennis Pyritz, RN said...

I just found your blog. As a fellow cancer survivor, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Also...Great Blog! You are a credit to the cancer blogging community. I have added you to my blogroll, “Cancer Blogs” with over 1000 other personal cancer blogs at www.beingcancer.net, a cancer networking site featuring a cancer book club, guest blogs, cancer resources, reviews and more.
If you have not visited before or recently, please stop by. If you agree that the site is a worthwhile resource for those affected by cancer, please consider adding Being Cancer Network to your own blogroll.
Now that you are listed, you can expect to gain a wider audience for your thoughts and experiences. Being Cancer Network is a place to share and communicate.

Take care, Dennis (beingcancer@att.net)

Montye said...

Just wanted to share my doctor’s name, Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez in NYC – he is curing cancer including sarcoma. I have synovial sarcoma and was told by the Mayo Clinic that it was terminal since it has spread to my lungs. I went to see Dr. Gonzalez and have been on his program for 6 months. I have never been healthier, my cancer numbers are dropping and he gave me a 90% chance of living. He uses enzyme therapy to kill off the cancer. He is brilliant and I thank God each and every day for leading me to him. His website is http://www.dr-gonzalez.com