Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Biopsy Rescheduled to Thursday May 29th

That white area below the kneecap is the culprit. That's what's necessitated the biopsy tomorrow. The good news is that the area in question showed up after radiation treatment, and didn't grow at all between two MRIs - three months apart. That evidence, combined with what the latest PET scan revealed makes our oncologist fairly confident that this is some sort of bone scarring from surgery/radiation therapy and not an osteosarcoma or some other type of tumor.

The biopsy will determine for certain the nature of this anomaly. In the meantime, we hold on to what we can to help us feel as positive as possible about the outcome. Writing it down seems to help. Thanks for coming along for the ride. I'll keep y'all posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ema and Tom, I just discovered your blog. I am a sarcoma survivor too - I actually had osteosarcoma. Anyway, I wanted to wish you the best. I hope that this biospy shows no signs of badness!

I don't have a weblog right now, but I am volunteering with the international Team Sarcoma Initiative, so I'll just point you over there if you want to check it out. I think there is an event or two in your area this July, if you are near UCLA. Much hope and happiness to you. Enjoy that cruise!